- DVS series high effi ciency wide-range loudspeaker enclosure: 2-way system with passive crossover.
- Reflex-loaded 12″ woofer and compression driver with titanium diaphragm
- Horn with controlled directivity and wide dispersion (87° x 67° from 500 to 10000 Hz)
- Trapezoidal cabinet with flying hardware on all panels to meet a wide range of mounting and flying
requirements for fixed applications.
- Receptacle for fitting support stand.
- Designed for use as a stage monitor in a horizontal position (with two angles), as is the entire DVS range
- Waterproof scratch-resistant black paint finish.
- Filter bypass facility enables biamping, ensuring even better performance.
- High SPL (133 dB peak SPL @ 1 m) from ultra-compact dimensions.
DVS 12P is a compact 2-way wide-range loudspeaker system with passive low-loss crossover with built-in overload protection. It comprises a 32 cm woofer for low and mid frequencies with a 76 mm copper coil and a compression driver, fitted with protection (in series) against incorrect connection 65 mm titanium diaphragm with a 36 mm throat for high frequencies, horn-loaded with controlled directivity and wide dispersion. The enclosure can be mounted on an optional tripod stand, flown from the ceiling and/or positioned on the floor as a stage monitor.The low frequency loading is of the phase inversion type, with the tuned enclosure. The system’s uniform directivity from 500 Hz to 4 kHz has an average dispersion of 93° horizontal and 83° vertical and average wide-range sound coverage from 500 Hz to 10 kHz is 87° horizontal and 67° vertical.
The acoustic reproduced bandwidth is 44 Hz to 20 kHz at -10 dB. The frequency response of the complete system is +/-3 dB from 70 Hz to 20 kHz. Flown in free-field it has high average wide-range sensitivity, producing 97 dB SPL 1 W / 1 m, (133 dB SPL peak). The maximum allowed power is 400 Watt AES (1600 peak).The enclosure cabinet has a trapezoidal shape and is built by high quality 15 mm Baltic phenolic glued plywood while the outer finish is in scratch-resistant, waterproof black paint. Filter bypass facility enables biamping, ensuring even better performance.
The cabinet has twelve M8 threaded mounting points to facilitate both vertical and horizontal flying by means of the appropriate optional hardware. The bottom of the cabinet has a pole mount receptacle, for fitting a standard 35 mm tubular support or tripod stand; practical integral side handles ensure a safe grip under all conditions. The perforated steel grille on the front of the enclosure is sound-transparent and has a weather-resistant black paint finish.
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||44 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Nominal Dispersion||90° x 50° (H x V)|
|Impedance (Nom/Min)||8 Ω / 5 Ω|
|Watt AES (Continuous/Peak)||400 W / 1600 W|
|Maximum SPL Output *||133 dB SPL|
|* calculated using +10 dB Crest Factor signal @ 1 m, Free Field|
|Component Low||12″ woofer, vented high-pass box|
|Component High||3″ diaphragm compression driver, horn loaded|
|Connectors||2 x NL4 in parallen pins 1+/1-|
|Cabinet Material||Baltic birch plywood|
|Cabinet Finish||Black polyurea coating|
|Grill||Epoxy powder coated|
|Installation Points||12 x M8 threaded points|
|Pole Mount||35 mm socket|
|Height||570 mm – 22 1/2″|
|Width||350 mm – 13 3/3″|
|Depth||350 mm – 13 3/4″|
|Weight||21.5 kg – 47.4 lb|